Spending the day at the spa is a great way to relax and it can leave you feeling refreshed and ready to face a new day. If you’re like a lot of people, the only problem is that you don’t get to go often enough. However, there is a way to get that spa feeling every day right in the convenience of your own home and it’s easier than you think.
Just mention the word spa and most people start imagining how wonderful it would feel to take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life for awhile. You can envision the relaxing environment so strongly that you can even imagine smelling the fragrances that spas use to help you relax.
A spa is a place where you can go that is devoted to improving your overall health by rejuvenating both the mind and body. When you turn your bathroom into a spa, your home becomes that place.
How to Turn Your Bathroom into a Spa
The first step in designing a spa bathroom is creating a relaxing environment. Start by taking a good look at your bathroom and think of what you like most when visiting the spa. Is there something you would like to remove from or add to your bathroom that will make it more inviting? You can consult with your interior decorator in Miami to help you decide what changes to make.
Once you have a good idea of what you want, it’s time to begin and the following tips can help:
- Get rid of the clutter- You can’t relax in a clutter bathroom, so get rid of everything you don’t need and add extra storage space to keep your necessities close by but out of sight.
- Paint your bathroom- Paint your walls a soft pastel color to make your bathroom more inviting. You can also wallpaper the room if you prefer as long as you don’t use loud, distracting patterns.
- Use a simple pattern for your window and shower curtains- To help set the mood you need to stick with simple patterns for your window and shower curtains because bold patterns will be too distracting.
- Install proper lighting- It’s important to have enough light in the bathroom to see comfortably but it’s also a good idea to install a dimmer switch so you can create the perfect mood anytime day or night.
- Use candles to set the mood- Place scented candles around the bathroom with the fragrances you like best. Beeswax or soy based candles are the best because they burn the cleanest.
- Plants add to the experience- Adding plants make a beautiful addition to your spa bathroom and they help to increase oxygen levels and clean the air.
- Add some relaxing music and accessories- Have some relaxing music playing softly in the background to help create the mood and don’t forget the soft fluffy towels, plush bathrobes and slippers.
You now have all the necessities needed to create a spa type environment right in your own home, except for one.
Add a Spa Tub to Your Bathroom
Installing a spa tub or Jacuzzi tub in your bathroom will make the experience even more relaxing. It’s the last thing you need to complete your home spa. The built-in-jets will massage your muscles and joints to rejuvenate your body and make you feel relaxed all over.
Add some scented bath oils or bubbles to your bath water, relax and enjoy your home spa anytime you’re in the mood for a little relaxation and pampering.Google+