Your bedroom is your private sanctuary so creating a design that caters to your personal wants and needs is very important. It doesn’t matter if you like things simple or extraordinary, as long as you have a design that reflects your personality and makes you feel comfortable and happy.
A great bedroom design begins with choosing the right size furniture to ensure you have enough room to move around comfortable and investing in a good quality bed but that’s not all.
Below are five things every bedroom design needs:
- A Theme- It can be simple or complex but every bedroom needs a theme. It helps you to create a unified and organized space that is more comfortable and relaxing and it makes your bedroom look more organized.
- Beautiful Wall Art- Wall art can help create a relaxing and soothing environment that will help you fall asleep at night. Make your bedroom more appealing by choosing pieces that have special meaning to you.
- Quality Linen and Comforters – Splurging on good quality linen and comforters is a must for any bedroom. It will create a comfortable place where you can rest peacefully and it will enhance your overall décor, since your bed is the main focal point in the room.
- A Chair or Bench- If you’re like many people, you enjoy spending some of your free time in your bedroom but sitting on the bed is uncomfortable. You need a chair or bench where you can sit and relax, read a good book or just enjoy some quiet time.
- Personal Items- Every bedroom needs personal items that express your unique personality. Having items that remind you of the happy times in your life is inspiring and they can help to get each day off to a great start.
In addition to the five things above that you should include in your bedroom design, there is one thing that many professional decorators in Miami will tell you to avoid.
Avoid Electronics for a Great Bedroom Design
The bedroom is not the place for your computer, TV or video games because they’re distracting and take away from the serenity of the room. Electronics such as these belong in the living room, game room or office, not in your bedroom where you go to relax and rejuvenate your body.
If you have these devices in your bedroom, it’s also tempting to stay up late at night when you should be sleeping. It’s also harder to go to sleep immediately after surfing the web, playing video games or watching TV. As a result, your quality of sleep suffers and that can interfere with your daily activities.
Add A Little Bit of Drama to your Design
No matter what theme you follow, add a little bit of drama to your design to spice things up a bit. It can be anything from velvet curtains to decorative throw pillows but a little drama will make your bedroom more interesting and elegant.
However, don’t add too much drama or it can become overwhelming making your bedroom look distracting and unorganized. Our decorators here at J. Design Group can help you find just the right balance when adding a bit of drama to your design. Contact us to discuss your design in detail and to see how our experts can help your project go smoother.Google+