Do you have residential property to sell? Renovating the home before you put it on the market is a great way to ensure you get the most for your property. There are many situations where selling your home becomes necessary. For example, your current needs or lifestyle changes so you want to sell your existing home and move to a different location. In some cases, people inherit property they don’t need or don’t want to keep, so selling it is better than letting it sit empty.
Whatever your reason for selling, renovating your home first will help you get top dollar out of your property but it can be difficult getting started. Knowing which renovations will increase your property value the most, will help you make the best decisions and a professional interior design service can help.
Some Home Renovations Increase Your Property Value More Than Others
When making renovations to increase the value of your property, you should concentrate more on creating a modern design instead of a decorative one. Most buyers care more about functionality than they do creativity. For example, most people would rather have a new, energy saving refrigerator than a sparkling chandelier.
Below are five home renovations tips that will increase your property value:
- Design a fully functional kitchen with modern appliances, countertops and decorative hardware. The kitchen is where most families spend quality time together and people in the market for a new home pay a lot of attention to the kitchen.
- Replacing the flooring throughout the home will brighten things up a bit and help create a welcoming environment. Therefore, money spent on flooring is money well spent.
- Everyone notices and wants an easy to clean, modern bathroom, which means it should be at the top of your list when it comes to renovations. You need good lighting, new low-flow toilets and decorative faucets and showerheads.
- Energy-saving double-pane windows are a great investment when renovating a home to sell. They look nice, save energy and attract buyers.
- The landscape is often overlooked but it’s just as important as the inside of the home and potential buyers will pay more attention to it than you might think.
Renovating your home using the tips above will raise your property value and make it more appealing to buyers.
Hire an Interior Design Service for Your Home Renovation Project
Hiring a professional interior design service has many advantages that justify the cost. Our professionals here at J. Design Group have years of experience to offer and we have the resources to handle every phases of the project from planning the renovations to hiring the contractors to do the work. Give us a call and speak with a representative to learn more about the interior design services we provide.
We can offer you expert advice on which home renovations will increase your property value the most. This way, you won’t waste funding on something that might actually make it more difficult to sell the property.Google+