Are you feeling a little crowded lately? Do you wish you had a spare room that you could use as a game room, sewing room or just a place to set up your collectibles? Perhaps you would like to have a sunroom where you can go relax and enjoy nature without weathering the elements or maybe you need a playroom for the kids. There are many reasons for wanting or needing extra space but that does not mean that you have to move to a new home.
Once you’re settled in a home it’s stressful having to move to a new area. You have to get to know the neighborhood and make new friends all over again. For this reason, many people try to make do with the space they have but there is an alternative to moving. If you only need an extra room or two, renovating your home is a great alternative to buying a new one.
Once you decide how much extra space you would like to have and what type of room you want to add, give us a call. Here at J-Design group, we can go over your current floor plan and help you determine the best way to go about your remodel. There are many things to consider that you may not think of on your own but we have the experience and knowledge needed to help you make the best decisions when adding a room to your home.
Things to Consider with Home Renovations
Whatever your reason for needing more space, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before starting a home renovation project. It’s not as simple as hiring a construction crew and buying materials.
Here are a few things you need to do before you even begin a home renovations project:
- Check to see if there are any zoning laws that restrict adding onto the property.
- If there are no restrictions, find out what types of building permits you’ll need, so you can take care of that before you begin the work.
- Determine exactly where you want the addition and how it will tie into the rest of the home.
- Talk to your financial advisor and set a budget for the project.
- Set a start and completion date for project and begin checking with construction companies and electricians to make the arrangements.
- Determine what building supplies you’ll need and where you plan to buy your materials.
- Determine if you plan to stay in the home during the renovations.
There are many steps involved in a home renovation but our experienced and professional designers can take care of everything for you from the very beginning, to the end.
Benefits of Adding More Space to Your Home
Whether you need an additional bedroom, bathroom or just extra space for relaxing, adding an additional room to your home has many benefits. For example, it’s less expensive than moving to a new home and less stressful, too. A modern interior design can increase your property value and the extra space can make your home more comfortable for the whole family.
When you begin to feel a little crowded in your existing home, consider adding an additional room to your property. It’s a great alternative to buying a new home and we’re here to help you from the beginning planning stages until the project is complete.Google+