Choosing a style for your interior design is not easy, which is understandable when you consider how important the decisions you make are. You’ll be living with this design for a long time, so it’s a lot of pressure creating something that you won’t get tired of shortly after the project ends.
The best way to make a good decision is to consult with a specialist. Our experts will talk to you about the different design options available and go over your likes and dislikes. This will help to narrow down the options so you can find a style you truly like.
The 5 Most Popular Modern Interior Design Styles Available Today
There are many interior design styles used today and you can even make up your own. As you learn about your different options, think about which style you’re drawn to the most and this will help give you a good idea of where to start.
Below are the 5 most common modern interior design styles used today to help you get started:
- Traditional- This distinct and timeless design is the most popular choice and it’s easy to see why. It offers a little something for everyone by highlighting symmetry, using calm colors and decorating with classic furniture that’s both beautiful and comfortable.
- High-tech- You may not be as familiar with the high-tech design style as you are with the traditional one but it’s quickly gaining popularity. It features complicated but open structuring and all design elements are practical. It also incorporates finishes made of all types of materials such as wood, glass, plastics and metals to create a simple but elegant decor.
- Contemporary- This design normally has at least one element used to create the “wow” factor when you walk into the room. Some designs are sleek and cool while others are bright and even a bit distracting to some people. It’s perfect for anyone that enjoys being creative and who wants to let their inner personality shine through their interior design.
- Electric- This is basically an old design style with a new name. If you like mixing things up and combining styles together for a common purpose, this is the interior design choice for you. Since you’re using a combination of different styles blended together with a consistent pattern, there’s plenty of room for creativity.
- Rustic- This style has also been around for a long time and you’ll usually find it in mountain cabins and vacation homes. This style incorporates natural materials such as log tables, wooden benches and hard wood floors. It also uses natural colors along with rustic light fixtures and similar furnishings.
Here at J. Design Group, our expert designers can help you find the perfect interior design for your home that suits your personality and lifestyle.
Take Your Time Deciding
The main thing you don’t want to do is rush into creating an interior design for your home. Take your time deciding to make sure you make the best decision. Once you start the project and construction begins, you can’t change your mind without dealing with a lot of problems so don’t rush the process.
Once you do make up your mind, we offer a variety of services to help you complete the project. Our experts have the training and experience needed to capture your vision and help turn it into a reality, so give us a call at your convenience.