Fall is here and the temperatures are beginning to drop so it’s time to prepare for winter. While you’re packing up your tank tops and shorts so you can make room for your jackets and long sleeve shirts, you may want to take a good look at your décor. It’s that time of year again where you need to pack away and trade the floral colored curtains and other summer décor in for something more suitable for the cold weather.
It can be hard to say goodbye to the warm sunny days and gentle breeze but when you make changes in your interior design to go along with the seasons, it can make dealing with fall and winter a little easier. You can brighten up your home and give it that warm and cozy feeling, even when the temperatures are cold outside.
Here are a few of the 2013 trends in fall interior design that you can expect to see this year:
- Green and Neutral Colors- If you like to keep up with the latest trends and fall interior design ideas, then you might want to pull out the green and neutral colors. These colors are expected to be very big this year.
- Antique and Polished Brass- Look around this fall and winter and you’re sure to see an abundance of brass filling homes everywhere. From wall decorations to bowls and picture frames, you can expect to see antique and polished brass used in all types of interior designs.
- Embellished Walls- You can create this type of interior design with glass beads, crystals, tapestry and decorative wallpaper or you can hand paint your own design but embellished walls is steadily growing in popularity and they do help to create a warm and comfortable environment.
- Wrapped or Textured Furniture- The newest trend for 2013 interior designs is called wrapped or textured furniture. Instead of painting furniture, designers are wrapping it with linen to give it a unique look and feel.
- High Contrast Colors- This trend involved mixing black and white together to create a bold, dramatic look and it’s sure to be a big hit this year and maybe for several more to come.
These are just a few of the trends for this fall but it gives you an idea of what to expect. Your home is a special place where you have the freedom to decorate and change things as often as you like. Following some of the popular trends and decorating your home by the seasons can help to make it more interesting, especially in the colder months like fall and winter.
Winter can be a little depressing for some people when you have to stay cooped up inside for weeks at a time but decorating can ease some of the depression and give you something to look forward to this year. It brightens up your home and fills it with warmth and energy that helps make this time of year more fun and exciting.
How do you feel about the 2013 trends in fall interior design mentioned here? Do you plan to use any of these ideas for your fall décor?Google+