A good office design does more than help you run your business efficiently. It also affects the health of your staff. When creating a design, most people think about productivity and image. These are two very important factors to consider because you need your office to run smoothly and you certainly want to make a good impression on your clients.
However, creating a good, healthy environment is also vital to the success of your company. When your employees feel good, they’re more productive, easier to get along with and more creative. They’ll miss fewer days of work and enjoy their time at the office a lot more, so you need your employees to be at their best at all times.
How a Good Office Design Promotes Good Health
A good office design promotes good health and helps you accomplish your daily goals by catering to the needs of your employees both mentally and physically. It will create a warm and friendly environment in which they feel relaxed and happy. As a result, workers feel better physically because the environment in which they are working is less stressful. It will also provide a safe environment and promote healthy work habits that will reduce fatigue, aches and pain and accidents.
Ways to Make Your Office a Healthy Environment
There are several ways to create a healthy environment for your staff but it does require careful planning. It’s easy to overlook important details that can cause problems later if you don’t have the proper training and experience. For this reason, it’s best to consult with a professional interior designer in Miami before beginning your project.
Below are a few ways to create a healthy office environment to help you get started:
- Invest in ergonomic adjustable office chairs- Sitting for long periods is hard on the body but it’s even worse when you try to sit in an uncomfortable chair. Choose a design with lumbar support and arm rests to help reduce back and joint pain caused from sitting all day.
- Control noise levels- Outside noises are not only distracting but they can cause a stressful environment. It’s difficult to meet deadlines, discuss business with clients and perform other duties when you’re constantly being interrupted by noise and that causes stress and frustration that can have a negative effect on your health.
- Take steps to avoid glare- Position the desks and chairs in such a way as to prevent glare from windows or doors on the computer screens that can cause eyestrain and headaches.
- Use proper lighting- Poor lighting causes blurred vision, eyestrain, fatigue and headaches. Therefore, the office needs to be bright enough to see clearly but choose soft lighting options that are easy on the eyes and incorporate natural light into the design.
- Maintain a comfortable temperature- If your office is too hot or too cold, it will have a major impact on the health of your employees. The risk of dehydration and heat related illness increase if it’s too hot and being too cold can cause aches and pains in the joints or weaken the immune system making you more prone to catching a cold or the flu.
- Proper ventilation is a must- You need clean air filtering throughout your office at all times to maintain a healthy environment.
Contact us for more information on ways to create a healthy environment with your office design. We’ll be happy to set up a consultation to discuss your project in detail.Google+