As the owner of an apartment complex, you have a lot of responsibility. You’re the one who has to take care of any problems that arise no matter how small or large they may be. It’s your responsibility to make sure your apartment building meets state and federal requirements and you must take steps to make your apartments safe for your tenants.
When they have a problem, they look to you to solve it in a fast and efficient manner, which is why it’s so important for you to keep your apartments updated, even if it means doing some renovations. While it may seem like you’re losing money by renovating, you’ll actually be making a wise investment.
Keeping your buildings updated will allow you to receive a fair amount of rent for each apartment and it will also help keep them filled. No one wants to live in a home where they’re constantly having plumbing problems or where the flooring needs replaced.
On the other hand, no one wants to leave a newly remodeled apartment with a stylish and functional design. Therefore, maintaining your property is the best way to make a profit and the following tips can help.
Tips for Renovating Your Apartment Complex
One of the main things people complain about when living in an apartment is not having enough space to store things, so add more storage space when renovating your apartments. One way to do this is by adding shelves up both sides of the closet that go all the way to the ceiling and overtop of the clothes. This will create a lot of room for those items your renters want to keep out of sight.
Here are a few more tips to help you renovate your apartment complex:
- Install energy efficient lighting with dimmer switches and low-flow faucets and toilets to help your tenants save money on utility bills.
- Install lighting everywhere including hallways, closets and outside the apartments for safety purposes.
- If the apartments are large enough, install separate showers and bathtubs to create an elegant bathroom design.
- Add a deck or balcony where appropriate for extra space so your tenants can relax outside their home.
- Choose flooring that is both durable and easy to clean.
- Add built-in bookshelves and a wall unit to save space and create a beautiful interior design.
- Only use energy efficient heating and cooling units and appliances throughout your complex.
A modern design with a few extras creates a welcoming environment for your tenants. That’s what you need to keep good, loyal renters you know you can count on to take care of the apartment and who will stay for a long time.
Decorating Furnished Apartments
Most all apartment complexes have both furnished and unfurnished options. When decorating your furnished apartments, you’ll need to choose a décor that is modern and fresh. The more effort you put into decorating, the more options you’ll have when it comes to finding someone to rent your apartments.
Invest in good quality furniture because it will hold up better for your tenants and you won’t have to replace it as often. Be careful not to over furnish the apartment. You only need a few basic pieces, so you can leave room for your tenants to add a few special items of their own. Using these tips to renovate your apartment complex will help you create a modern design that